Finance Analyst (Investment Accounting)-Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 499786
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Remote, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Finance/Accounting, Remote Work
Performs an intermediate level of financial analysis, planning, forecasting, accounting, and transactional processing activities. Supports the periodic compilation or execution of timely and accurate financial transactions and/or reports including variance analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyzes financial and nonfinancial data to identify trends, risks, and/or indicators.
- Participates or leads projects, as assigned.
- Participates in and documents key processes, decisions and insights to business partners.
- Seeks to improve understanding of business products and strategy.
- Contributes ideas to improve business processes and knowledge in the workplace.
- Operates collaboratively while building relationships with business partners.
This job posting is reflective Finance Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirement. The Sr. Finance Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Competency and skill level will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment.
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines.
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting.
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience.
Exhibits Technical skills and demonstrated continual learning.
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
- Basic problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to utilize creativity thinking in improvement of business processes.
- Basic understanding of products and elements of the business.
- Knowledge of accounting systems used in an insurance industry environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting/Finance related field
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes
- May require technical expertise relevant to specific function, I.e. tax accounting, investment accounting, mergers & acquisitions, reinsurance
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum: $48,426 MidPoint: $62,954 Maximum: $77,481
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now