Actuary (ASA/FSA) - AXIS Model Development - Remote
Job no: 499776
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Remote, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Actuarial, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha is looking for a new team member to contribute to our actuarial modernization initiative. This initiative impacts our actuarial systems, models, data, reporting, and processes. In this highly visible role the candidate will be involved in building/testing models in AXIS to serve various actuarial functions (including valuation, pricing, financial plan, cash flow testing, economic capital, and asset liability management).
Applicants should be well versed with AXIS software and have a passion for building actuarial models in an efficient, scalable, transparent, controlled, and accurate manner. While the modernization effort includes building models across all of our products, the preferred AXIS experience for this position will be within the disability module to support one or multiple of our Disability Income, Medicare Supplement, Supplemental Health, and Group Health model builds.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Involvement across all phases of the model build process within the actuarial modernization efforts:
- Requirements gathering – For both data and model requirements, and with the support of subject matter experts, gather information necessary to build the model, data inputs, and data outputs.
- Model Design – Participate in designing the ideal model structure for the given models, while adhering to holistic model design principals – focusing on scalable, transparent, controlled, and automated solutions.
- Model Development – Translate model requirements into technical specifications and then perform the model build activities – focusing on attaining consistency across products, with a ‘first principles’ model build mindset rather than a conversion mindset.
- Model Testing – Participate in various testing related activities across all impacted actuarial functions, including unit testing, regression testing, aggregate reconciliations, in accordance with agreed upon testing strategy for thresholds, variance bucketing, attribution, etc.
- Support IT and data partners in the development of an end-to-end process for the model build, including extract creation and reporting
- Documentation – develop documentation for new models and affected processes to a degree such that parties unfamiliar with our processes or models can understand how processes flow or how models operate.
- Collaborate with project leadership, management team, subject matter experts, and product owners throughout project to ensure solutions are meeting stakeholder needs.
- Complete tasks as assigned in the project plan, and track progress against milestones. Complete work by milestone dates, or communicate early and often if slippage is beginning to occur.
- Risk Management; Identify and assess risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives as they relate to this actuarial modernization.
- Attainment of ASA or FSA designation.
- 3+ Years AXIS programming experience (not just model maintenance or execution, but pure model development)
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science.
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices.
- Thorough financial background.
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and team oriented
- Product and industry knowledge
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Experience working in AXIS conversion projects.
- 3+ Years programming experience specifically within the AXIS disability module
- Data skills and experience in any of the following packages: R, Python, SQL, SAS, Tableau, Power BI.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum: $105,000 Maximum: $165,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now