Director Product Development (Workplace Solutions)- Remote
Job no: 499760
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Remote, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Leadership, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha is looking for a Director of Product Development to join their Workplace Solutions team. This individual will lead the teams responsible for Product, Compliance and Research. This role will develop and execute cost-effective, quality product line strategies and plans for Workplace Solutions to contribute to the profitability and growth of a product or product grouping.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provides organizational clarity by proactively understanding, communicating, and reinforcing our customer focused strategy.
- Executes leadership activities that support our core purpose, what we do and our strategic anchors. Uses the strategic anchors to guide short- and long-term decision-making and prioritization of work.
- Casts a strong leadership shadow that promotes a healthy organization by demonstrating the ideal team player behaviors and living the enterprise values with our customers, associates, peers, and business partners.
- Lead a productive and engaged team, providing appropriate coaching, mentoring and associate development.
- Directs and manages the product development cycle for the products and services manufactured within Workplace Solutions.
- Ensures development of new products and product enhancements are market-driven and consistent with our customer focused strategy.
- Oversees the product development process for new product and product enhancement initiatives from conception through final product design.
- Ensures product design satisfies relevant regulatory requirements and fits within our administrative capabilities.
- Ensures product design satisfies actuarial, underwriting and claim management requirements.
- Oversees the completion of opportunity assessments and business cases for new product and product enhancement initiatives.
- Ensures product design remains competitive within the group insurance market.
- Work with partner areas to plan, design and execute marketing and training efforts in support of Workplace Solutions’ products and services.
- Directs and manages the compliance function for Workplace Solutions’ products and services.
- Directs and manages the design and implementation of documents (contracts, booklets, SPD, proposals, etc.) that support Workplace Solution’s products and services and ensure appropriate controls are used to manage changes to these documents.
- Manage vendor relationships that support Workplace Solutions’ products and services.
- Act as resource with the sales and partner areas on product related issues and strategies.
- Play an active role in improving organizational knowledge on Workplace Solution and the products we provide.
- Plays a key role as the Product Representative within Workplace Solutions’ Agile Release Train.
- Establish and/or maintain relationships with external research firms to gather customer insight.
- Represent Workplace Solutions on enterprise teams tasked with gathering NPS/CSAT information on our customers and competitors.
- Provide research output to support the Workplace Solutions Agile Release Train and Strategic Planning.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Expertise in strategic product design
- Thorough understanding of the insurance product line being supported and the financial services industry
- Thorough knowledge and expertise related to product development
- Strong financial aptitude for evaluating and predicting results
- Thorough understanding of industry marketing philosophies, distributions, and competition
- Excellent analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, and leadership skills (i.e. ability to lead and foster a team environment to meet customer expectations)
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and retain an extensive volume of information on a large number of issues
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Ability to make others comply in fair, equitable, non punishing fashion.
- Experience working with group insurance products
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Pay range 116,000-160,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now