Internal Wholesaler - Remote
Job no: 499759
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Remote, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Sales, Remote Work
|Maintain sales activities through developing and maintaining contacts with distribution channel representatives. Coordinate and monitor distribution channel activities setting up and assisting them in meeting performance standards, sales goals, profitable business expectations, and providing guidance on marketing Company products. This job also evaluates product deliverables, pricing, and participates in developmental activities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Generate profitable income through developing and maintaining contacts with distribution channel representatives through proactive outbound phone calls to sell products. Evaluate opportunities, analyze competition, and either complete the sale or assist the external wholesalers in developing a strategy to sell assigned retirement product(s) and service(s), including: preparing proposals, responding to RFP's, developing and presenting sales presentations, preparing competitive analysis, and other tasks for the purpose of selling and marketing. Assist in event planning and coordination of promotional activities and mailings. Prepare and maintain account and/or contract documentation. Explain and discuss products, benefits, services, rate structure, reporting advantages, and operations. Maintain information related to all producers, proposals, sales, and other critical processes.
- Monitor product competitiveness and participate in product enhancement and design teams. Work with other product line managers, division personnel, and other areas within the Company to enhance products and services.
- Provide service and support for distribution channels as directed, developing presentations and training for prospects and distribution representatives, responding to questions pertaining to product or processes, providing appropriate offers, and negotiating changes.
- Coordinate and monitor distribution channel activities setting up and assisting them in meeting performance standards and profit goals, and providing guidance on marketing Company products. Manage personal travel and entertainment expenses to budget. Maintain and execute processes to solicit new business and contribute to the attainment of sales and financial goals.
- Coordinate installation and conversion of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans. Work effectively with service areas (internal and external) to execute joint processes to ensure seamless installation and conversion. Monitor processes related to all assigned areas, establish goals, and track progress toward the attainment of such goals.
- Monitor and maintain information related to industry trends and competitor products through consultants, industry contacts, surveys, studies, and attendance at industry seminars. Provide other services within the division to contribute to the overall operation of the division, such as participating in product, workflow, or quality committees; serving on operation or corporate level committees; conducting special projects; or assuming responsibility for a specific function.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Mutual of Omaha's and United of Omaha's products, policies and services.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Experience and/or strong ability in sales of financial products and services, and familiarity with various distribution channels
- Strong organization skills, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a highly regulated industry and adhere to compliance policies and procedures
- Two years of experience in sales or servicing within the financial industry
- Series 6 or Series 7 or Series 1
- Series 63 or Series 65/66
- Life License in State of domicile or obtained within the shorter time frame of 120 days of entry into the position or after three attempts.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now