Business System Analyst/Senior - Remote
Job no: 499756
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management/Business Analyst, Remote Work
|The Business Systems Analyst provides input into formulating business solutions through research, manipulation and/or analysis of data, facts, and information. Provides support for the implementation and administration of technologies in order to meet defined objectives and contribute to the overall business strategy. Work involves use of independent judgment as well as responsibility for performing technical and somewhat complex duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates alternatives to meet business requirements. Coordinates with internal and external business partners in designing and developing new systems, processes, and procedures. Coordinates, plans, and performs enhancements, upgrades, and on-going maintenance.
- Reviews, analyzes, tests, and recommends new software applications and equipment. Assists with test plans and related quality reviews with business partners. Assists in maintaining vendor relationships.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of comprehensive communication and training plans and materials for internal and external business associates and customers.
- May coordinate the design, testing and generation of new management reports as business requirements dictate. Partners with business areas to define solutions and resolve technical issues.
- Develops and administers documentation of projects, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Improves understanding of business system tools, practices, and methodologies
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Analyst position essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience with Business Analysis techniques, tools, and templates, including knowledge of business system operations, workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards.
- Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes (which may include software implementation processes). Experience with project management processes and tools, delivering projects timely.
- Strong oral and written communication, human relations, and presentation skills. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills. Ability to utilize data analysis tools/understanding of data metric techniques.
- Ability to utilize process improvement techniques.
- Strong knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Experience with PC based office tools, such as, Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook. Experience with Web navigation and software.
- Competent in prioritization, organization and decision making skills.
- Minimum 3 years testing experience.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- 3 years of Business experience
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies
- Familiar with Test Case creation/writing/executing
- Experience with customer interaction and presentations
- Experience doing requirements gathering
- Experience with documentation
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated salary $48,000-$70,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now