Salesforce Engineer I/ll - Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 499635
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
|The Salesforce Engineer develops and supports a Salesforce application used by front line associates to serve our policy holders and their families. The Salesforce Engineer delivers business value through the application of scientific theories, mathematical methods, and empirical evidence to design, create, deliver, maintain, and govern technology solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assists in the development and enforcement of standard enterprise policies and procedures governing the use of Salesforce.
- Creates, provide technical support and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help modules for front line associates.
- Designs and executes customized solutions leveraging the SFDC toolset.
- Develop custom components, triggers and pages using APEX and Visualforce.
- Maintains and enhances data integrity through effective design, maintenance and security in the Salesforce.com instances.
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Senior Software Developers to evaluate project requirements, create technical designs and implement changes within the Salesforce instance.
- Integrate the Salesforce application with internal systems through APIs.
- Configure Salesforce CTI Adapters to work with AWS Connect Platform for contact centers.
- Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, testing and maintenance of software. Responsible for the development, maintenance, testing and integration of applications and systems that support business operations.
- Applies Software Engineering and Test Automation knowledge areas to the entire software life cycle of a complete solution, from definition and development to maintenance and optimization.
- Participates in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions; builds apps, APIs and data solutions to drive toward implementation of those solutions.
- Develops automated test solutions to ensure delivery of high-quality code. Implements test automation processes and follows through on testing results.
- Uses models (their own or created by others) as a starting point for designing and developing technologies that enable new or enhance existing business capabilities.
- Uses patterns and frameworks to help develop applications and solve problems.
- Works quantitatively.
- Uses a disciplined process when implementing designs and operates effectively as part of a team in doing so.
- Collaborates with the team to uncover pain points and formulate ways to accelerate delivery.
- Uses frameworks and patterns to produce efficient code.
- Occasionally plays multiple roles (e.g. individual contributor, lead, teacher, mentor).
- Uses tools and languages to apply processes systematically.
- Participates in professional societies.
- Reuses designs and design artifacts.
- Assists with or performs with limited supervision and oversight:
- Evaluation of options and performance of tradeoff and cost benefit analysis.
- Experiments using emerging technologies to understand how they will impact what comes next.
- Application of software engineering techniques to infrastructure and operations problems with a focus on automation and self-healing.
This job posting is reflective of the Engineer I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Engineer II level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Can configure and develop for a large Salesforce organization (3,000+ users)
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce’s sharing and record visibility structure with an emphasis on hierarchy-based sharing Experience with automated User Record provisioning via SAML Experience in optimizing code and queries for high volumes of data (millions of rows) Develop custom applications using Force.com and integrate salesforce.com with systems, to include third party systems.
- Keeps abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality, and provides recommendations for improvements and keeps users informed about system functionality.
- Has good technical skills and knowledge.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of business partners and external customers.
- Is working to develop the best experience for the end user by maintaining a customer-focused and product mindset.
- Has experience with modern programming languages.
- Is well organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Focuses on process improvement.
- Focuses on all aspects of automation and test data for speed to delivery and increase capacity"
- Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a relentless and versatile learner, open to change.
- Has a collaborative attitude and a willingness to work with team members.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills. Can communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to consult with internal business partners and peers.
- Is self-motivated and driven with the desire to innovate.
- Understands the software development lifecycle and DevOps practices.
- Understands how their technology / application supports business partner / Mutual of Omaha business strategy.
- Understands business/user requirements and applies creative problem solving that brings these requirements to fruition.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Experience configuring Salesforce CTI Adapters to work with the AWS Connect platform for contact centers.
- Ability to create and modify CTI Flows for Salesforce to react to customer’s calls.
- 1+ years of experience with Salesforce Flows to allow users to execute guided processes.
- Having experience installing/configuring the Amazon Connect Salesforce Lambda Package
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Developer.
- 3 + years of experience with APEX (classes, triggers and web services) Experience with Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, Force.com platform.
- Certifications: Salesforce Certified System Architect, Platform Developer 2 Certification or Salesforce
- Certified Platform Developer II Knowledge of the company’s business functions and financial service’s business processes
- Proficiency in SQL
- Java development using the Spring Framework
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $130,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Circa
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now