Customer Care Analyst (Life Operations) - Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 499580
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Customer Service, Remote Work
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy helping people, here’s the ultimate career move. As a Customer Care Analyst, you’ll provide customer service via multiple channels such as phone and email to an extremely important group of people – our customers. In this role, you will be the voice of Mutual of Omaha — the voice our customers turn to for clarity, support, and guidance. You will quickly assess each customer’s needs, research a variety of outcomes and provide real-time solutions to policyholders.
We will provide you the training and support you need to best serve our customers. While most customer interactions will be positive and routine calls, it may be necessary to ease situations at times. Through it all, you will strive to provide the industry-leading service that we are proud to offer at Mutual of Omaha.
Sound like you? Then apply today and join forces with a company that can amplify your strengths and empower your career. Class starts early November for Life Operations.
What We offer:
An hourly rate of pay of $16.50
Spanish bilingual associates receive $17.50/hr after successful certification
MUST be able to work full time hours Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST during training
Hours after training are Monday - Thursday from 9:00am - 5:30pm CST and Friday's from 8:30am - 5:00pm CST
These roles will onboard, train and work remotely from home
Career advancement opportunities
Daytime shift availability
Medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees
401(k) plan with 6% employer match with additional 2% employer contribution, vacation accrual, and paid holidays
PLUS many more amenities and benefit perks!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide exceptional customer service via multiple channels such as phone (to include inbound and outbound calls), written/email correspondence, etc.
- Effectively respond to and resolve customer requests by utilizing basic knowledge and skill sets, systems, policies, procedures, regulations and other reference materials.
- Provide an effective level of customer service by meeting (or exceeding) department standards related to attendance, productivity and quality.
- Meet deadlines and perform successfully within a fast paced, ever changing and diverse production environment, to include multitasking, system utilization and accurately entering data to handle entire requests from start to finish.
- Actively participate in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external parties to include customers, team members, business partners and other stakeholders.
- In this role, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set productions goals. This position requires sitting 66% of the time and visual acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to actively listen, assess and understand the needs of the customer and demonstrate accountability in responding to and resolving requests in empathetic, respectful, confident and timely manner.
- Available to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM CST and maintain regular and predictable attendance with adherence to department expectations.
- Ability to show a sense of urgency and accountability for results.
- Demonstrate approachability, work independently, and/or as part of a team, in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and changing work environment.
- Highly skilled at verbal, written and interpersonal communication; sound judgment and the ability to think within a structured and compliant work environment while focusing on the customer.
- Capacity to learn and utilize a variety of computer systems simultaneously such as web tools, policy administration systems and Microsoft products, with proficient keyboarding skills.
- Insurance knowledge experience.
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Hourly Rate: $16.50/hr
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now