Software Engineer (Python / AWS / Data)
Job no: 499456
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
The Datapool team on the Sr Health ART is seeking an engineer who is smart, curious and loves the challenge of solving problems, to join our growing team of analytical data mart solution experts. You will be responsible for implementing solutions that enable data pipelines to support analytics, data science and business intelligence activities for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Data.
These data solutions deliver enhanced business value to the key areas that support profitable growth of our Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) product including product innovation, producer and member experience, risk management, and operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on development experience handling extract, transform and load (ETL) processes of datasets containing a mix set of structured and unstructured data using cloud technologies. You will collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team to design, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and analytical data products for our customers. We try out new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our data endeavor and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research, design, build, optimize and maintain reliable, efficient and accessible data systems, data pipelines, machine learning pipelines, and/or models. Can support, with guidance, the analytic and/or operational use of data
- Align closely with Enterprise partners in data science, architecture, governance, infrastructure, and security to apply standards and optimize production environments and practices
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection, storage and usage to maximize the value of information within supported systems
- Translate business needs into data architecture solutions, designing and implementing in production environments within supported data systems
- Implement data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes within supported data systems
- Deploys basic machine learning models and applications to production in partnership with business units.
- Develop, test and integrate new data features and functionality as defined by the product owners and business teams
- Hands on experience in production data pipeline development, automation, and implementation over the last three or more years with:
- Programming Languages commonly used in data engineering such as;
- Python (preferably in AWS)
- Spark (preferably in AWS)
- Scripting (Unix/Windows)
- DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery experience
- Knowledgeable with AWS Tech Stack - S3, Lake Formation, Glue, Athena. Redshift
- IAM, Experience in handling XML, JSON would be a plus
- Development using AWS CDK
- Focus on all aspects of automation and test data for speed to delivery and increase capacity
- Develops unit tests and uses version control
- Adheres to coding quality standards
- Collaborative attitude and a willingness to work with team members
- Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a relentless and versatile learner, open to change
- Ability to work with large data sets and interpret/analyze data
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Experience Snowflake Data Platform
- AWS Data Lake, AWS streaming data and Data Vault architectural experience is a plus
- Experience in traditional data technologies/methodologies (RDBMS, SQL, ETL/ELT, Data Modeling, Orchestrating data extraction and loading)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- World class, dedicated support staff (Database, Security, Middleware, Network)
- Diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding benefits information, please visit our Careers Site
- Estimated Salary Range: $85,000 - $118,000
- Pay is commensurate with experience
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now