Engineer II - Group Financial Systems - Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 499358
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
The IS Data Integration Apps team is looking for an experienced Engineer that will perform application design, development, and integration for the Group Financial Systems (GFS). The position requires someone who can lead the implementation of business requirements into existing systems while also improving processes and technical modernization.
We’re searching for someone who strives for excellence and thrives on solving tough problems through innovation. If you are someone who wants to be involved with business system implementation and technology modernization, then join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute towards the development, testing, maintenance, and integration of applications / systems
- Play multiple roles (e.g.: individual contributor, lead, teacher, mentor).
- Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support business operations.
- Participates in the design of new solutions and aligns design activities with Target Architecture principles.
- Participates in setting Engineering Standards, and their governance.
This job posting is reflective of the Engineer ll essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Engineer lll level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Professionally solved challenges for full-stack application development and implementation over the last five or more years
- Ability to independently lead design, development, and technology implementations.
- Develops using modern continuous development and build practices
- Understands the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Understands the importance of coding quality standards and the effect on long-term viability
- Steers productive team communication and collaboration on problem solving
- Positively impacts team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- DB2, SQL, JCL, CA7, Topaz, COBOL and overall mainframe knowledge a plus
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $131,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Circa
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now