Sales Analyst/ Sr Sales Analyst - Irvine, CA
Job no: 497662
Work type: Full Time Regular
If you want a career that’s challenging, exciting and loaded with growth opportunities, being a Sales Analyst at Mutual of Omaha may be a great fit. As a liaison between our sales staff, brokers and home office business partners, you’ll provide a broad range of operational support. This includes managing quote activity from brokers, coordinating RFP proposals, developing sales presentations, ensuring state compliance and numerous administrative duties. This role will have a meaningful impact on achieving the company’s goals.
So, if you have the power to excel in a fast-paced environment, and strive for operational excellence, combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Sales Support – Provide sales support to sales staff as assigned. Proactively manage quote activity and broker processes. Develop relationships with broker partners to help achieve sales goals. May make periodic visits with sales representatives to assist with finalist presentations, enrollment meetings and new client meetings. Serve as a liaison for sales staff, brokers, and home office business partners. Additional sales support/development may be assigned "as requested"
- Proposals – Review RFPs from brokers, consultants and agents. Prepare proposals and forward to stakeholders. Follow-up on requests to ensure timely responses
- Rating – Underwrite and quote premium rates for: life and long-term disability cases, which are generally under 500 lives, and dental, vision, and short-term disability cases, which are typically under 100 lives. Coordinate with underwriting to determine appropriate rate and make revisions as necessary. Complete other case processing including Broker of Record entry, revisions, commission changes, etc.
- Sold Cases and Enrollments – Monitor the close of sales. Coordinate installation process by partnering with appropriate parties, using appropriate systems to ensure accuracy of paperwork (including master application). Manage supplies and materials required for enrollment, including voluntary cases. Review booklets and materials received from the home office for accuracy, then assemble for delivery to policyholders (materials may sometimes need to be hand delivered)
- Product and Industry Knowledge – Ensure compliance of state insurance department regulations. Remain abreast of industry trends and product knowledge
- Office Support – May open, screen, and distribute mail, identifying and ensuring proper disposition of correspondence needing immediate attention. May perform office support functions such as greeting visitors, answering/directing phone calls, handling invoices, processing conversion requests, office expense reports and office time reports. Schedule meetings and appointments, coordinate travel plans, and maintain office files, supplies and equipment
This job posting is reflective of the Sales Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for underwriting and rating
- Effective communication and human relations skills
- Proficient personal computer skills, including a working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Licensed agent or actively pursuing appropriate licenses
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now