Sr Systems Engineer - Remote or Omaha, NE
Job no: 497658
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Wyoming, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha's Senior Systems Administrator possess a high degree of expertise in enterprise storage systems, with significant experience in both IBM Mainframe and Open storage environments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensuring health of enterprise storage systems
- Leveraging backup system capabilities
- Improving current processes through automation, and providing support, installation, integration, configuration and day-to-day operations
- Senior level IBM Mainframe Disk Administration experience
- Experienced managing and configuring various level of storage systems
- Familiar with hybrid disk environments (on and off prem).
- Worked with Amazon Cloud Services
- Solid skills and working knowledge of Windows, Linux, AIX Server and TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, resolve problems and provide Level 3 support
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, command shell or other
- Managing and Configuring Enterprise Backup Infrastructure
- Functional understanding of DBASE backups
- Analyze storage reporting to identify trending – capacity-based needs \ load balancing efforts.
- Enterprise Backup systems (like IBM or Commvault or Veritas or EMC)
- Working knowledge of Server Disaster Recovery methods
- Working knowledge of enterprise NAS systems
- Working knowledge of VMware Virtual Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Enterprise systems management solutions (like BMC Patrol)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now