.Net Developer - Remote or Omaha, NE
Job no: 497653
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Wyoming, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha's engineers develop and support a myriad of insurance and financial applications that touch millions of people’s lives daily. You will part of a team who is working to improve how our business partners interact with our customers, the way they support our customer’s needs and explore better ways to do both.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop applications and systems that support the business operations of Emerging & Strategic Solutions including support of Retirement Plans 401k, Institutional Annuities and Investments, and Special Risk products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute windows applications.
- Understand and leverage approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
This posting reflects the Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior Developer and Architect have variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Professionally solved challenges for application development and implementation over the last three or more years with:
- .NET Framework 4.5+ including WinForms/WPF
- C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET Web API
- MS SQL Server, DB2 or other relational databases
- Have developed/enhanced SOAP and RESTful web services
- Are experienced using ORMs/persistence frameworks such as Entity Framework
- Appreciate Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Have developed in or migrated applications to .NET Core
- Understand containerized environments such as Docker
- Are knowledgeable about build automation tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or possess equivalent work experience
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Strong verbal and written communication and troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments
- Experience developing systems within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now