Full-Stack Developer- Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 497642
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Wyoming, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha's full-stack developers create our next-generation insurance and financial applications. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to better meet those needs.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own back-to-front development, testing, maintenance and integration of applications / systems
- Program and leverage modern frameworks to build, maintain, and implement our solutions
- Leverage multiple approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications
- Get to know the supported business area(s), have an awareness of related objectives and challenges
- Be an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior with task-level leadership, guidance, and direction
- Focus on accuracy and quality, while delivering on time
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors through continuous process improvements
- Keep an eye on security and privacy to protect Company data
This posting reflects the Full-Stack Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Senior Developers have variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Professionally impacted solution development across the full-stack and implementation over the last 2 or more years with:
- Get the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Ensure code quality through Unit Tests and coding standards
- Know how to use version controls
- Contribute to the solution design process and technology direction
- Like to communicate with team members, mentor and collaborate on problem solving
- Positively impact team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Possess advanced knowledge of core technologies, yet still driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Agile, Unit Testing
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now