Enterprise Procurement/Sourcing Manager - Omaha, NE or Remote
Job no: 497633
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Wyoming, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa
Categories: Finance/Accounting, Remote Work
|Responsible for strategic sourcing and procurement of goods and services for the organization which aligns with organizational goals and objectives. Lead, support, and collaborate with business stakeholders and partners ) to create, plan, and implement supply strategies which provide optimal value to the Enterprise at market competitive costs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manages the strategic planning process for procurement of goods and services. Process to include the definition of requirements, supply market assessment, supplier evaluation, sourcing events, initial selection, negotiation, contracting, and supplier management. Executes medium- and long-term strategies and plans to achieve objectives.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Procurement Program which includes Category Management of significant commodities. Reviews and evaluates the performance of the program and recommends (and executes when required) necessary changes to ensure cost effectiveness, consistency of quality and service levels of the goods and services.
- Ensure the organization maintains a competitive position, profitability and compliance by effectively managing and continuously improving the indirect procurement program and processes.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and business partners to execute and negotiate high quality sourcing events (i.e., Request for Proposal) to satisfy business requirements. Responsible for developing best practice sourcing methodologies select the optimum supplier(s), negotiate and contract for the most cost-effective business arrangement. Provide guidance and support in a consultative manner to execute procurement processes including category management, sourcing strategy, negotiations, contracting, and supplier performance/relationship management.
- Perform complex data analysis, develop reports, monitor expenditures and help to identify new sourcing strategies and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings and improvements for the organization.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Supplier Sourcing process . Helps ensure policies, processes, systems and tools support and align with the Corporate Procurement Program
- Provides supplier performance analysis, ensuring customer and contractual requirements for cost, quality and service levels are met.
- Fosters a competitive environment through developing and maintaining supplier relationships taking regulatory, compliance and Corporate direction into account.
- Maintains knowledge of the procurement of goods and services. Keeps abreast of current procurement related developments, best practices, benchmarking and market tends, to further identify and support the business needs.
- Minimum 3 years of strategic sourcing/procurement experience.
- Seasoned planning, negotiation, procurement and project management skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, influencing, decision making and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and research ability to include sound business knowledge.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, working under project pressures.
- Seasoned experience in directing project work groups including suppliers, internal customers and other resources. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs ie; Excel, Power Point and Word
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- B/S or B/A in Supply Chain, Finance or other related degrees
- Professional Certification of CPSM or CPM preferred
- Experience working with Peoplesoft
- Indirect Procurement Category Management experience
- Specific experience with Professional Services, Contingent Labor, Marketing, IT & Telecommunication Services
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now