Case Manager (Long Term Care Insurance) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497583
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Customer Service, Administrative/Support
|Supports producers and underwriting staff on new business applications by gathering, processing, and entering information needed in order for underwriting staff to determine coverage and offer; coordinates policy issue, delivery and post issue requirements. Conducts suitability reviews of current business to mitigate risk and determine eligibility within established approval limits for conversion and internal replacement of policies. Manages client expectations regarding service request, processing, and deliverables and acts as the coordinator for navigating through the new business & issue work flow and processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy and completeness of applications to include premium handling; is thorough when performing reviews and conscientious about attention to detail to ensure a high-quality product to customers. Ensures the effective use of procedures in accordance with business practices and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Handles and prioritizes multiple concurrent tasks. Takes ownership of the case management process and facilitates the work flow of complex cases in a way that is seamless to the customer.
- Develops a strong, positive reputation to earn the trust of the producers. Delivers an exceptional customer service experience by providing appropriate product/process education and demonstrating a high level of responsiveness and follow-up on commitments.
- Relationship manager for internal and external customers; provides information and researches, analyzes and resolves problems to satisfy customer expectations; provides high quality customer service by remaining knowledgeable of current guidelines and practices. Builds strong relationship with all business partners to provide superior service.
- Meets or exceeds time service, quality and customer service expectations as defined by management; ensures timely responses to internal and external customers submitted via phone, email and workflow systems.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers; verbal and written communication is clear, concise and professional; uses appropriate grammar and spelling in written correspondence.
- Uses various databases to document reporting requirements and system generated reports. Accesses various other systems to provide information required by underwriting and maintains underwriting files.
- Proactively recognizes problems and works collaboratively to recommend process improvements to enhance customer service, increase efficiency or reduce unnecessary steps/hand-offs.
- Mentors associates; creates process documentation and training presentations; proven ability to make sound business decisions to include exception handling.
- Seeks process improvements and actively participates and facilitates team daily management huddles. Provides insights and recommendations of enhancements to processes, training and the quality of service delivery.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Experience working in customer service, ability to collaborate with internal and external clients to find the best solution possible.
- Experience in key job functions, systems and product knowledge; takes full end to end ownership of assigned work load.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with customers through effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong drive for results, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience handling escalated situations and using sound judgment for exceptional handling.
- Experience in creating process documentation and training presentations.
- Ability to multitask effectively, work under pressure, meet deadline requirements and be flexible to meet changing customer needs.
- Demonstrates learning agility with industry education.
- Solid understanding of insurance operations including: distribution, marketing, and underwriting.
- Associate or bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience working in the insurance or financial field preferred.
- Industry education such as LOMA.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now