Junior Investment Analyst Program - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497576
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Investment Management
|Managing over $27b of assets, Mutual of Omaha’s Investment Department exists in order to provide our clients with competitive investment returns and capital markets expertise. The Department manages different asset types including (but not limited to) publicly traded and private placement corporate bonds, commercial mortgage loans, structured products, municipal bonds and alternative investments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We are looking for several talented, industrious 2020-2021 undergraduates to join the department. Junior analysts will be trained to analyze the credit quality of individual issuers as well as the structural features of securities in the bond market. You will work with senior analysts to learn how to build financial models and to develop credit opinions and investment recommendations including written research and more informal investment “pitches”. The role will also include meeting with company management teams, listening to earnings calls, developing relationships with sell-side and rating agency analysts and attending industry conferences.
In addition, there is potential to work on projects which can include research topics such as new asset classes, ESG (environmental, social and governance / socially responsible investing), quantitative analysis, etc.
The position is for a limited duration of three years in length after which the analyst should be well positioned to either attend a graduate program or move into a more senior role within the asset management industry. Expected start date June 2021.
- An undergraduate degree. Finance, Economics, Math (including actuarial science), Statistics, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in the investments: personal investments, clubs, course work, participation in the CFA program, etc.
- Strong technical skills are a plus and can include data analytical, statistical and/or programming skills such as SQL, python and/or advance excel knowledge.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects which can change quickly based on market realities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility, strong problem solving and decision-making skills, attention to detail and effective time management.
- Willingness to sit for the CFA exams.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now