Investment Analyst/Junior - Structured Securities - Omaha, NE or Seattle, WA
Job no: 497550
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Nebraska, Washington
Categories: Investment Management
At Mutual of Omaha, you will work closely with seasoned investment professionals focused on making the investments needed to help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals. Our focus will be on developing you into an expert in financial markets who can perform detailed research, interact with trading counterparties on Wall Street, and react quickly to a changing market environment. You will add value from day one and be encouraged to pursue your interests and career goals in a collaborative and supportive environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyzes potential investment opportunities by understanding the contents of an offering memorandum, performing industry and/or asset class research, evaluating an issuer's capital structure and financial position, analyzing comparable investment opportunities, assessing and interacting with company management and exploring other unique features of an opportunity.
- Continually monitors portfolio credits for noteworthy events that may affect credit quality, internal ratings and/or prices. Maintains a solid working knowledge of specific credits followed and exhibits a willingness to share and receive insights and information on other credits managed within the portfolio.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand the strengths and potential pitfalls of an investment idea and actively participates in group discussions to generate value added ideas.
- Shows a willingness to gain expertise in several industries and/or asset classes and develops an effective medium by which this information is shared with interested parties within Investment Management.
- Provides analysis and assessment of securities that have encountered financial distress; supports proposals made by others to buy, hold or sell distressed assets.
- Specific to analysts assigned to private fund research, will be responsible for monitoring current fund investments and providing the initial screening, quantitative performance analysis, cash flow modeling and qualitative due diligence reporting on prospective fund manager investments.
- Builds internal and external relationships with colleagues, sell-side analysts, rating agencies, issuers, industry experts and other sources to collect additional insights on market, industry, asset class and issuer credit developments.
- Coordinates with investment operations and other business units within the Enterprise so as to ensure the appropriate maintenance of files, databases and recordkeeping.
- Maintains proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Satisfies documentation processes to ensure files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
- Working knowledge and understanding of portfolio management, credits and credit worthiness.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills; ability to participate in and/or develop proposals based on analysis and research; desire to help Investment Management achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to learn how others make judgments regarding credit, risk and valuation and apply that learning.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Experience with financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with cashflow modeling.
- Completion of Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now