I/S Agile Project Manager I - IWP Dept - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497521
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management/Business Analyst
|Managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by 1 or 2 cross-functional stable teams of up to 15 or more total members. Acts as the servant leader and coach for the Agile team. May also manage one-time medium to large projects consisting of a projected one year internal labor cost of up to $2.3M. (up to 15 or more FTE's for one year)
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Works in a Scaled Agile environment on a stable team that consists of both technical and business resources (or I/S resources providing an technology service or enterprise component). Serves as the Scrum Master for 1 or 2 cross-functional stable teams delivering technology solutions. (up to 15 or more fully dedicated resources). Facilitate the team to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. - Serves as the process expert and helps educate the team in Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe. Ensures the SAFe framework and Agile process is being followed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by a stable team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization/PI Objectives.
- Responsible for tracking work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for vendor management initiatives
- Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
- Facilitate continuous Improvement/growth plans for the team in several domains, such as DevOps, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience and use of Customer Insights.
This job posting is reflective of the IS Agile Project Manager l essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The IS Agile Project Manager ll level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 2-8 years Agile/Scrum project management experience.
- 4-6 years of information technology experience and/or business experience
Knowledge of and the ability to apply the SAFe Framework
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Experience with development theories and processes.
Knowledge of project management, risk management, procurement management and change management.
- Credible understanding of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc).
- Ability to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others
- Servant Leadership- advocates change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than "giving orders." Coaches others and seeks and applies feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Professional - understands and executes Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective PI Planning, monitoring work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- SP (SAFe Practitioner)
- SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)
- SA (SAFe Agilist)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (2-5 business partners, use of 4-7 systems)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #peopleofcolor
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now