Information Technology Intern - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497505
Work type: Full Time Temporary
Categories: Information Technology, Internships
You’ve always had a talent for tech, but over the years, your knowledge and skills have evolved and become more sophisticated. Today, technology is your passion. You love resolving computer issues and providing clarity. Yours is the power to help make sense of an increasingly complex world.
Now, put your power to work at Mutual of Omaha.
As an information technology intern, we’ll take your skills to a whole new level. Combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You’ll have the flexibility to work in the summer, year-round, or as part of our rotational internship program.
- Work in application development, data, security, business analyst or other areas.
- Work as part of a production team with experienced I/T professionals.
- Interact with I/T business partners and hiring managers.
- Participate as an active team member working on various I/T projects within your assigned team.
- Provide input and express creative solutions to I/T problems.
- Currently enrolled or graduated within the last year with a computer-related degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Applied experience with multiple computer programming languages.
- Ability to communicate on a technical level.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Real-world experience with a Fortune 500 company.
- Competitive pay, paid holidays and tuition reimbursement (for year-round interns).
- Opportunity to work as a front-end developer, back-end developer or full-stack developer using Java, Java Script and other object-oriented programming languages.
- Opportunity to work in a security, data or business analyst role to gain exposure to our production environment.
- Networking with other I/T professionals across the company.
- Opportunity for paid summer housing, if applicable.
- Attending social events throughout the summer.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now