Summer 2021 Actuarial Intern - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497485
Work type: Full Time Temporary
Categories: Actuarial, Internships
You’re ready to put your skills to work and earn meaningful, practical experience. It’s time to supplement your coursework with hands-on opportunities—and let your future take you to Mutual of Omaha.
Our Actuarial Interns will have a chance to perform challenging work, contributing to a Fortune 500 insurance company. They also have opportunities to brainstorm, share ideas and see what goes on behind the scenes. They’ll have the opportunity to analyze and track financial statement results, gain exposure to product development, and insurance pricing. Actuarial interns will learn about a variety of insurance products, including life, health and annuity. Our mid-summer rotation allows for exposure to multiple areas of the company during the internship experience.
Combine your power with ours and start building your career.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Participates in projects as assigned. Assignments may be related to product development, morbidity and mortality tables, financial results, premiums persistency, expenses or other matters as designated by managers.
- Generates and verifies data related to various exhibits and reports, applying actuarial and mathematical concepts, formulae and computer capabilities as necessary for completion of duties.
- Provides senior colleagues with documentation and explanations of computation results, and may research, analyze and summarize material required by other actuarial personnel.
- May have an opportunity to write small computer programs as an aid in generating and testing actuarial data or provide programmers with actuarial input to assist in the development of such programs.
- Prepares schedules of statistics, premiums, reserves and benefits assigned, documenting and verifying factors used in the related computations.
- Provides updates concerning Company actuarial information for various industry publications, rate books, sales material, and regulatory filings as assigned.
We’re looking for students who are enrolled in a degree program related to actuarial science, math, statistics, data analytics, economics or other related fields both before and after the internship. If this is you, to qualify for the internship you should also have:
- Successfully completed one or more Society of Actuaries exams
- An aptitude for statistical interpretation and a working knowledge of actuarial assumptions and formulae
- The ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- The ability to analyze and interpret information
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Networking opportunities with actuaries through all levels of management
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of activities and intern events
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now