Summer 2021 Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
Job no: 497395
Work type: Full Time Regular, Full Time Temporary
Categories: Actuarial, Internships
|The Mutual of Omaha Actuarial Diversity Scholarship is awarded to undergraduates preparing for actuarial careers. The $5,000 award, which is paid in equal installments during the school year ($2,500 per semester), is contingent upon the recipient’s continued satisfactory preparation for an actuarial career.
- Summer Internship: If selected as a scholarship recipient, the recipient must successfully complete a summer internship at Mutual of Omaha to be eligible for scholarship funds. The summer internship will run from May - August of 2021.
- Scholarship Payout: Payment of $2,500 (gross) will be made at the beginning of each of two semester (August of the current year and January of the following year). For students graduating in December, the full amount will be paid in August. Funds will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient for the sole use of expenses related to tuition, fees and books.
- Selection Process: Mutual of Omaha reserves the right to not award a scholarship and/or a summer internship at the conclusion of each selection period.
Applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- A member of one of the following minority groups: Black/African American, Hispanic, Asian, Native Hawaiian, American Indian, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander.
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Pursuing an actuarial or mathematics-related degree, with the goal of pursuing an actuarial career.
- Passed one (1) SOA actuarial exam.
- If selected, must complete one summer internship at Mutual of Omaha. The internship is to be completed during the summer prior to the academic year in which the funds are awarded.
- Exposure to a wide variety of insurance products, including life, health, and annuity.
- Hands-on experience analyzing and tracking financial statement results.
- Exposure to product development and insurance pricing.
- Networking opportunities with actuaries through all levels of management.
- Opportunities to contribute to a Fortune 500 insurance company.
- Mid-summer rotation to allow exposure to multiple areas of the company during the internship position.
- Participation in a variety of activities, and intern events throughout the summer.
- Opportunity to live in excellent housing provided by the company, if applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now