User Experience Designer - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497265
Work type: Full Time Regular
Mutual of Omaha is HIRING and WE are interested in talking to YOU! Join forces with a company that can amplify your strengths and empower your career. Apply Now!
User Experience (UX) Designers are responsible for user-centered design, visualizing, and executing strategic user experiences. This role excels as a passionate designer, collaborator, customer advocate, and continuous learner. As a key member of our Digital Experience & Design team, the UX Designer is focused on creating delightful experiences that match user/customer needs with business goals, while reinforcing the Company's brand image. And, will work closely with a team of designers, developers, and content strategists, as well as technology and business partners.
User Experience Designers will have a primary focus of either Interaction or Visual Design. However, may be called upon to carry out essential functions in both disciplines.
What You'll Do:
The Interaction UX Designer will design, facilitate, and analyze various user research activities, including user testing, interviews, and observations, while leveraging user research insights and business strategy requirements to create innovate interactive web/mobile/tablet application concepts, and drive them to completion. They will be captivated by understanding and serving as a champion for the user/customer in every discussion and at every decision point.
User Experience Designers:
- Advocate user focus across the organization and communicate the value and principles of user-centered design.
- Collaborate with design team members on all aspects of user-centered design including information architecture, task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning prototypes.
- Iterate on ideas based upon validated learning, critique, and collaboration.
- 3+ years hands-on experience as Interaction Designer, preferably as a member of UX team(s)
- 2+ years hands-on experience in interaction design
- Fluency with HTML (including HTML5), CSS
- Experience with common design software (Adobe products, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Keynote/PPT for the creation of IXD artifacts, documentation, and presentations -or- fluency with Photoshop and Illustrator or Sketch
- Ability to design for and execute across multiple screens, platforms and channels (Web, email, mobile, social media)
- Ability to communicate ideas through effective storytelling with sketches, wireframes, comps and prototypes
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other Web analytics solutions (Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends)
- Understanding of branding as it relates to user experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Humility and recognition that you don't have all the answers
- Adaptability and an enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor
- Places high value on the diverse strengths, backgrounds, and talents others bring to the workforce
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience designing for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences
What We Can Offer You:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
Mutual of Omaha:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now