Full Time Claim Analyst II (Individual Life Claims) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497248
Work type: Full Time Regular, Full Time Temporary
Location: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Categories: Customer Service, Claims/Claims Processing, Remote Work
Ensures the accurate, prompt and thorough evaluation of claims by analyzing and determining the appropriate action steps needed while adhering to both internal and external regulations and ensuring an industry leading customer experience.
Requires independent decision making on complex claims situations using critical thinking. Claims analysis includes: eligibility determination for benefits based on medical information received, contract analysis, customer service, fraud detection and awareness, financial calculations, interpreting information and adhering to all statutory / governmental regulations. This includes analyzing information received, and determining if additional information is required to make an accurate benefits decision.
Embraces the customer-focused strategy and demonstrates our shared values (Customer Focus, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Collaboration) by providing effective customer service resulting in first request resolution and a positive customer experience.
Interacts, responds and resolves customer claim requests via multiple channels including phone, email and written correspondence. Performs multiple work roles with expanded knowledge and skill sets such as data entry, processing multifaceted transactions and handling customer requests under minimal supervision.
What You'll Do:
- Accurately determines complex claim benefits payable based on medical records, contract language and any additional information needed to reach the appropriate decision in a timely manner. This includes both payment and denial of benefits.
- Analyzes complex claims documentation and correspondence in order to process claim transactions, and assists with customer requests to determine appropriate outcomes. Keys and documents data accurately.
- Communicates with external and internal customers to obtain specific claim information in order to finalize claims and to explain claim handling.
- Receives, analyzes and processes incoming claim inquiries and communicates outcomes. Effectively responds to and resolves customer requests by utilizing expanded knowledge and skill sets, systems, policies, procedures, regulations, and other reference available. May handle escalated claim and call requests.
- Provides effective customer service via multiple channels on the phone (to include inbound and outbound calls), written/email, correspondence, etc. Performs service recovery techniques to resolve requests. Provides compliant and easily understood resolution options with the desired outcome of creating a positive customer experience. Utilizes resources to support service delivery resulting in retaining and/or growing the business.
- Meets and/or exceeds department standards related to attendance, productivity and quality
- Makes appropriate referrals to legal, underwriting and special investigations as needed.
- Creates written letters to provide concise explanations to customers regarding claim determinations.
- Actively participates in and seeks out self-development opportunities, exposures and experiences, with a willingness to learn new skills and/or product lines.
- Actively participates in daily management through huddle involvement and the identification and supports implementation of process improvements. Provides insights and recommendations of for enhancements to processes, training and the quality of service delivery to our customers.
- Has a primary focus on customer satisfaction, provides an effective level of customer service.
- Stays abreast of and adheres to Company processes and procedures, industry changes, federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Assists with peer development and delivery/service requirements through information and knowledge sharing, resulting in supporting and resolving customer requests. Assists with the development, delivery and oversight of training and quality auditing program material.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- May handle over limit threshold payment approvals based on department guidelines.
- Shows a sense of urgency and is accountable for work results.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a diverse and changing work environment. Willingness to learn new skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, and/or as part of a team, in a collaborative environment and is approachable.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with an attention to detail and strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, sound judgment and the ability to think within a structured and compliant work environment while focusing on the customer.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer systems such as email, data entry, and Microsoft products, with proficient keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and maintain regular and predictable attendance with adherence to department and company attendance expectations. May be required to work overtime based on business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand the needs of the customer and demonstrates flexibility in customizing approach and response to resolve requests in a respectful and timely manner.
- Ability to diffuse escalated situations when necessary.
- College degree or work equivalent.
- Insurance product knowledge of Business area.
- Experience with the application of policies, practices and procedures in a business environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Presentation skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401k, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
Mutual of Omaha:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now