EAP Counselor - Workplace Solutions - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497187
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services to internal and external individuals and groups through assessment, problem solving, plan creation, consultation, training, education, referral, and case management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct EAP services to employees and eligible family members through both an internal and external EAP program, via telephonic and face-to-face environments. Essential functions include the following: ability to perform a thorough needs assessment, action plan development, short-term problem resolution, appropriate nationwide resources referral and information, case management, and follow-up as necessary. Maintain complete case records, notes and appropriate documentation in EAP database to allow for continuity of care and minimize risk to the organization.
- Provide consultation and intervention to management, human resources, occupational health personnel, unions, and appropriate client company contacts as it pertains to performance, attendance, behavior, and safety issues in the workplace. General knowledge is required to address issues related to job stress and change, conflict resolution, harassment, mental health issues, domestic violence, critical incident, grief & loss, morale issues, dealing with difficult people, alcohol and drug abuse/addictions, family/personal and other work/life concerns, childcare & eldercare referrals, and more.
- Facilitate training and educational programs to individuals, work areas, or company-wide on a variety of workplace topics, such as stress management, change management, grief, dealing with difficult people. Address training and on-site needs of external customers including crisis/grief resources and facilitate contact with vendors and arrangements for services. Participate as needed at local health and wellness fairs and programs.
- Maintain external accounts with key stakeholders (including human resources, brokers and group sales offices), develop/distribute promotional materials, provide utilization reports, and establish good customer relations. Handle account management services for multiple companies with the Comprehensive EAP level of service. Assist sales offices by responding to inquiries related to EAP services and plans.
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding provider network. Be proficient at using online directories and resources to locate potential providers and begin the credentialing process in order to add them to the EAP network.
- Maintain and protect client confidentiality consistent with acceptable professional standards, ethics, and protocol, with special consideration for appropriate release of information, including client informed consent.
- Be willing to accept and carry out additional projects, assignments, and activities to enhance the quality of services for customers
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Mental Health, Social Work, Chemical Dependency or related field.
- Licensed (or license eligible) to practice Mental Health in Nebraska.
- Three or more years experience in the EAP field preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in assessment, counseling, chemical dependency, wellness, workshop design/training, and consulting.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) eligible; CEAP preferred.
- Ability to respect and protect confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office and skilled in using on-line database for record keeping.
- Excellent human relations, customer service, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to work on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a rotating basis.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now