Managing Director (Southeast Atlantic) - Charlotte, NC
Job no: 497184
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: North Carolina
Categories: Sales, Leadership
|Provides overall direction and oversight for the division office's results related to: Advisor Recruiting, Training & Development, Sales, Expenses and Profitability. Collaborates with the office's leadership team to ensure that the Training & Development and Advisor Recruiting processes are followed and the appropriate tracking tools are effectively utilized. Motivates and coaches the leadership team to meet all division office production, recruiting and profit goals as well as personal developmental goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures territory achieves targeted growth through effective warm sourcing, interviewing, selecting, and training; monitoring, managing and appraising performance. Ensures development of the management team. Develops and implements succession planning, mentoring and career counseling for the Sales Directors, Recruiting Managers, Training Managers and advisors
- Ensures territory achieves targeted net first year commission (NFYC) and annual new business premium (ANBP) goals through developing and implementing sales and marketing/prospecting strategies. Manages the territory to ensure persistency requirements, customer focus, product mix, geographic target markets and budget goals for the main Division Office and any satellite offices are met.
- Ensures territories are compliant with state, federal and corporate requirements. Ensures territories are compliant with applicable state and national statutes, rules and regulations regarding sales practices, licensing and producer activity. Makes sure physical working environments are professional in appearance, appropriately sized and in compliance with safety laws and company policies.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with the Mutual of Omaha Advisors division, Field staff, Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Customer Service and other support areas to achieve revenue, sales, customer growth and profit goals for the territory. Facilitates the accurate identification and resolution of problems and participates in and supports Company initiatives.
- Professionally represents Mutual of Omaha in local community, insurance industry and professional associations. Maintains a high level of prominence in the local community and association activities.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Mutual of Omaha's sales and/or advisor recruiting strategies and methods, which includes: (a) committing to memory and retaining detailed sales and/or interviewing scripts; and (b) passing certifications as required by Mutual of Omaha to demonstrate personal knowledge of Mutual of Omaha's sales processes.
- This position requires over 66% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time
- Broad and seasoned experience in insurance industry with in-depth knowledge of insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel. Demonstrated experience of management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals and state and federal regulations
- Proven sales and management experience
- Strong leadership, communication, judgment, and strategic planning with prudent risk taking abilities
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence and impress others to gain support and the ability to teach or foster development in others
- Strong employee and agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the work period, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Current Life and Health insurance licenses with ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency
- Registration as a FINRA Securities Principal
- Registration as a FINRA Registered Representative
- Registration as an Investment Advisor Representative
- Detailed product knowledge with LADL (life, annuity, disability and long term care insurance products) expertise
- Proficiency in applicable software and technology, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now