Internal Auditor/Sr Internal Auditor - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497149
Work type: Full Time Regular
Assists in the performance of financial/operational/compliance audits from start to finish including: planning, fieldwork and reporting. Applies educational background to perform audit activities under the direction of a lead auditor or manager. Performs audit plan assurance activities in accordance with professional standards and best practice. Performs audit activities in a manner that provides value and contributes to the achievement of company objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs assigned financial/operational/compliance audit activities within agreed upon time frames while maintaining expected quality standards across each stage of the audit lifecycle.
- Applies the organization's audit methodology and carries out the audit procedures to meet the specific audit engagement objectives.
- Plans and conducts audit activities through identification and assessment of key risks and controls.
- Selects and applies the appropriate tools and techniques to data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and reporting.
- Develops workpapers reflecting audit activities performed and obtains reliable and sufficient evidence supporting audit conclusions.
- Uses business understanding to evaluate problems and potential solutions and to communicate audit issues. (appropriately applies knowledge of the business, industry, and the risk and control environment in audit work and decision making).
- Identifies improvement opportunities for the business based on understanding and analysis of the process flows for business operations.
- Communicates issues through the audit report that clearly identify root cause and impact to the organization.
- Follows up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented.
- Demonstrates efficiency and persistence, managing own time and ensuring engagement deadlines and objectives are met.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Internal Auditor essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Internal Auditor level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Bachelor Degree in Relevant Field of Study (Business, Finance, Accounting, IT)
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to apply critical thinking to business processes to ensure they are completely and accurately documented
- Ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; respond quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; project credibility
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly in writing using correct and appropriate grammar
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Understanding of internal controls, including the proper design and implementation. Understanding of internal control frameworks and their corresponding objectives, components, and principles (COSO).
- Understanding of fraud risk and the ability to identify and assess common types of fraud associated with an internal audit engagement.
- Knowledge of accounting cycles (revenue, expenditure, payroll, and treasury) with their typical functions, common accounting entries, relationship with financial statements, and critical accounting records.
- Understanding of risk concepts, such as risk tolerance, inherent risk, and residual risk, and how to recognize them within the organization.
- Understanding of general computing controls including system access and change management.
- Awareness of basic information security principles.
- Basic understanding of, or exposure to, data analytics techniques and tools.
- Understanding of Agile Principles.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now