Mutual of Omaha's Service Art is looking for an Application Solution Architect to support payment systems on the mainframe. Mutual of Omaha architects design, develop, enhance and support our insurance and financial applications on the mainframe. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new solutions to better meet those needs. In this case, you will be supporting mission critical systems that process millions of dollars in payments from customers.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support multiple mainframe systems that process payments from customers
- Own architecture, development and integration of applications / systems supporting payments to Mutual of Omaha
- Design and develop solutions through to implementation in accordance with best practices and Mutual of Omaha’s target architecture
- Leverage multiple approaches and technologies for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications
- Partner with the supported business area(s), align strategy with related objectives and challenges
- Stay curious while leading the team and as part of the leadership triangle
- Be an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior with task-level leadership, guidance, and direction
- Lead efforts on code accuracy and quality, while achieving business objectives
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors through continuous process improvements
- Keep an eye on security and privacy to protect Company dat
- Physical Activity: Extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding; Sitting over 66% of the time and Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
- Professionally solved challenges for development and implementation over the last six or more years with:
- Cobol, CICS, JCL, SQL, Mainframe
- Advocate the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Drive coding quality through establishing coding standards
- Lead the solution design process and technology direction
- Steer productive team communication, mentor and collaborate on problem solving
- Positively impact team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Possess architect level knowledge core technologies, yet still driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
- Modernizing mainframe systems to better integrate with newer technology
- DB2, TSO, Xpediter, Topaz (Eclipse based development tool)
- Agile, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial products and services with millions of customers nationally. Our stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. You’ll do meaningful work and your talents will positively impact peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is unique, creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to be engaged… feel a sense of belonging… and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.