Project Manager - Emerging and Strategic Solutions - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497147
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Project Management/Business Analyst
|Managing the overall planning, design, execution and delivery of small to medium projects and stages/phases of larger projects with timely, cost effective, and quality results. The Emerging and Strategic Solutions (ESS) business unit consists of projects related to the 401(k), Institutional Investments/Annuities and Special Risk product lines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by the team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Facilitates the day-to-day coordination of work by the team and removal of any impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization / PI Objectives.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks to include evaluation of progress/quality/costs and developing action plans to address gaps throughout project life cycle.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing project teams and building strong sponsor, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for managing projects to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
The job posting is reflective of the Associate Project Manager essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Project Manager and Senior Project Manager levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 0-3 years project management experience.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issue, business/technology need, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- 1-3 years of information technology and/or business experience.
- Awareness of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc).
- Ability to manage projects across technologies, domains, and business functions (SBU's).
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills.
- Leadership- advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Professional - understands and executes corporate project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, building and executing a project plan, monitoring and controlling project work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling project costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- 5+ years project management experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology experience
- Knowledge of project management and change management methodologies.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- C.S.M. (Certified Scrum Master)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (1-3 business partners, use of 1-3 systems)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now