Info Services Manager-IAM Systems- Omaha, NE
Job no: 497144
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Leadership
Mutual of Omaha’s Information Services operation seeks an individual who is highly engaged and interested in working with the Enterprise Technology Platform group. This group’s mission is simple: be the core of the transformation that enables the business to be awesome. We want to bring the best engineering and automation practices together for Mutual by utilizing the latest cloud enabled technologies. As part of our overall modernization efforts, this group is central to the business transformation we are enabling and driving, therefore this position will join a group of highly engaged and passionate leaders that have been delivering on those ambitions.
This individual will be responsible for leading a team on the Agile Release Train (ART) that will set, engineer, and manage the overall Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems for the enterprise. Also, the successful candidate will be providing coaching, thought leadership, and facilitating strategic implementations of other critical technologies and business initiatives, particularly within the realm of enabling software development through cutting edge infrastructure components. Additionally, this position will be the Product Owner for the IAM team, working to deliver and bridge the gap between our current architectures and our vision for the future.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate in the planning, direction and issue mitigation associated with the implementation of processes and technology solutions. This includes all leadership and management functions and decisions such as budgeting for controlling expenses, interviewing and selecting personnel, effective performance management, administering salaries, developing and coaching employees, long-range and short-term planning, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- The person in this position will need to understand that their position exists for our customers, act with integrity, innovate, take personal accountability for results, and help build a culture that respects, and values the unique strengths and cultural difference of our associates, customer, and community.
- Achieves delivery through the appropriate use of personnel, technology, and process – driving results by applying technical expertise, coaching, collaboration, and other self-directed team techniques.
- Leads, directs, and influences the execution of strategic planning and roadmap exercises around technology and system direction. Sets and communicates direction in an appropriate manner – providing clarity and personalization of messages to connect with individual audience members.
- Leads change management and improvement around people, process, and technology initiatives within the organization. Managing and building support for complex, disruptive, and continuous change.
Creates an environment that promotes learning. Encourage team members to build relationships with business partners and suppliers. Strive to learn and understand new developments in Lean, Agile, and contemporary management practices. Create and foster formal and informal groups for learning and improvement. (Communities of Practice)
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers by providing purpose and autonomy; help workers achieve mastery of new and increasing skills.
- Employ a Lean leadership style that focuses on developing skills and career paths for team members rather than on being a technical expert or coordinator of tasks. Create a team jointly responsible for success. Learn how to solve problems together in a way that develops people’s capabilities and increases their engagement and commitment while meeting the objectives of the company.
- This position requires excellent technology, planning, oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to learn quickly when facing new problems is necessary.
- This individual should show initiative, be a self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities and has excellent time management skills. Actively committed to self-development and continuously improving skills and approaches.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Ability to build, lead, attract, and retain high potential individual contributors
- Ability to manage the needs of diverse customers and systems
- Strong relationship building skills required to partner and collaborate with IT and business teams
- Ability to challenge, collaborate and align within a dynamic leadership team
- Ability to be servant leader, advocates for change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than “giving orders.” Coaches others and seeks and provides feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear.
- 3+ Years’ Experience with infrastructure, virtualized compute, or cloud enablement
- 5+ Years’ Experience managing all aspects of the Information Technology delivery lifecycle
- 2+ Years’ Experience/Knowledge with contemporary DevOps toolsets and methodologies
- 5+ Years’ Experience in supervision of staff and team development
- 2+ Years’ Experience with planning, budgeting personnel resources, and capital budgets
- Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial services. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now