Underwriting Intern - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497140
Work type: Full Time Temporary
Categories: Internships, Underwriting
Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are top-notch. Applying requirements and procedures to the work you review is a main priority. You’re able to make—and justify—logical, quality decisions related to your work. If this is you, join us as an Underwriting Intern and help manage risk for a Fortune 500 company.
Combine your powers with ours and let’s grow together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participates in the business operation and gains knowledge of the business and its environment.
- Engages in effective and efficient work processes to contribute to the achievement of Company business objectives.
- Completes projects and work assignments as directed by management.
- Interacts and works with internal and external business customers.
- Under direct supervision, analyzes data related to the risk being underwritten for small new business cases, in order to mitigate financial risk to the company
- Conduct research in order to secure additional data needed to make determinations on benefits and rates
- Under direct supervision, communicates with sales concerning underwriting requirements and procedures
- Evaluate renewal business and other rate and risk bearing analysis for inforce groups
- Consistently meet or exceed quality of work and time service expectations
- Review industry publications and stay abreast of federal, state and business regulations governing group insurance products
- Gains knowledge of underwriting guidelines, pricing guidelines and product knowledge.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Job-related coursework or equivalent experience in a field related to the internship.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use various business software applications on a personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Skills in oral and written communication, human relations, creativity.
- Ability to make quality decisions and justify the decisions with sound and logical reasoning
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Mathematical aptitude; analytical and problem-solving skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Competitive pay, paid holidays, and a 401(k) with 6% match
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer paid summer housing.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now