Structured Settlement Annuity Product Senior Underwriter - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497138
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Under supervision, underwrites retirement income and structured settlement annuity cases for new and existing customers within established approval limits that involve an intermediate level of complexity, risk and financial impact.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes data related to the risk being underwritten for retirement income, structured settlement annuity cases, and/or institutional investment products with an intermediate level of complexity, in order to determine what benefits, if any, can be offered and at what premiums under supervision. (Approval authority: up to $2,000,000).
- Assists managers and producers in properly submitting requirements on group and individual annuity applications and quote requests.
- Conducts research in order to secure additional data needed to make determinations on benefits and pricing.
- Communicates with contract holders, brokers, agencies, and/or other sources concerning underwriting guidelines, decisions and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and rapport with field force, consultants, portfolio managers and other business partners
- Prepares proposal information and coordinates final proposal presentation, including preparation of all required exhibits.
- Reviews industry publications and stays abreast of new and complex products, advances in underwriting techniques, and the state and federal legislation that governs or impacts the industry.
- Completes other projects as requested.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Senior Annuity/Invest Product Underwriter essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Advanced Annuity/Invest Product Underwriter level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Seasoned underwriting knowledge and expertise with retirement plans, products, structured settlement annuity products and/or institutional investment products, design, administration and regulatory requirements.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions using sound and logical reasoning.
- Attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Financial aptitude for understanding pricing strategies and their potential impact on financial results.
- Familiarity with a variety of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures and the ability to creatively apply them.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 4-7 years of annuity underwriting experience.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now