Mutual of Omaha's DevOps Architects support our next-generation insurance and financial applications, on-prem and in the AWS Cloud. You will influence and collaborate with feature development teams, infrastructure and operations teams as well as business leadership to build out the process and technical capabilities to support the CI/CD disciplines and Common Platform Technologies that will facilitate faster, more secure delivery of business value.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
This posting reflects the Senior Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Architects have variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Own automation management and orchestration tasks for implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Automate management and orchestration tasks for implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Partner with scrum teams to build and deliver software releases and infrastructure improvements through improved CI/CD processes
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner
- Identify bottlenecks in development and deployment processes
- Collaborate with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Get to know the supported business area(s), have an awareness of related objectives and challenges
- Be an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior with task-level leadership, guidance, and direction
- Focus on accuracy and quality, while delivering on time
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors through continuous process improvements
- Keep an eye on security and privacy to protect Company data
- Physical Activity: Extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding; Sitting over 66% of the time and Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
- Professionally impacted solution development and DevOps over the last three or more years with:
- Java, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Microservices development and design patterns
- Worked with several of the following tools, but is open to exploring new options too:
- Puppet, Jenkins, Packer, Git, Bitbucket, Subversion, CheckMarx, SonarQube, WhiteSource, Artifactory, Gradle
- Keep a handle on design and maintenance with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment and management
- Understand network, server, and application-status monitoring
- Get the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Like to communicate with team members, mentor and collaborate on problem solving
- Positively impact team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Possess advanced knowledge of core technologies, yet still driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Groovy
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial products and services with millions of customers nationally. Our stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. You’ll do meaningful work and your talents will positively impact peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is unique, creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to be engaged… feel a sense of belonging… and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.