Competition Desk Wholesaler- Omaha, NE
Job no: 497065
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Sales, Marketing/Communications
Responsible for gathering in-depth market and competitor information for the segment product portfolio.
Understands the interaction between carriers, distributors, consultants, TPAs, reinsurers and other principals and intermediaries and how to best glean critical information from a variety of sources to inform key internal stakeholders on important market activity.
Develops a keen awareness and understanding of the various levers that shift how segment products stack up in the constantly changing competitive landscape.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds effective relationships with internal stakeholders in order to constantly understand and assess how segment products are viewed by key external stakeholders such as marketing organizations, agents and brokers.
- Reviews a variety of publically available sources, existing vendor relationships and a vast network of internal and external contacts to glean insights into competitor actions impacting the portfolio.
- Develops robust competitive intelligence reports for segment insurance products and delivers reports in a standardized and predictable manner with actionable information for key internal stakeholders.
- Provides sales support to brokerage sales in competitive cases.
- Work with sales and marketing areas to develop compelling marketing and communication plans regarding those products.
- Responsible for ad-hoc requests on product-line competitors, often with limited direction, and is able to present findings in a variety of formats (verbal, written) and contexts (conference calls, meetings).
- Helps develop, organize, and maintain a centralized repository of research information and reports.
- Helps identify, onboard and manage external suppliers to enable and facilitate the relationships needed to maintain line of sight to the competitor landscape.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in individual insurance sales or financial industry environment, preferably in a competition research or brokerage sales setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Inquisitive, natural problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Effective organizational skills demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of individual insurance products, particularly life insurance, long-term care insurance and disability income insurance.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in relevant field.
- Experience in insurance or financial services industries.
- Experience using Winflex illustration software and Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Industry designations such as CFP, CLU or ChFC-CFP.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now