Actuarial Student Program - Expression of Interest
Job no: 497055
Work type: Full Time Regular
At this time, we do not have any open roles in our Actuarial Student Program, but we'd still like to connect with you! If you feel you are qualified and interested in future opportunities, please click "Apply Now" and submit your contact information and resume. We will retain your information and reach out to you when an opportunity becomes available.
*Please note by submitting your information you are not applying to a specific position.
Your analytical skills are next level. The idea of solving problems to protect people from loss sounds ideal to you, and makes you excited about helping to give peace of mind. If you have an interest in managing risk to make a positive impact, then we’re seeking top talent like you for Mutual of Omaha’s Actuarial Student Program.
Actuaries focus on managing risk and looking for growth opportunities. Transforming your own personal and professional growth goals can start here. Our Actuarial Student Program offers support towards study materials, exams and paid study time. Once hired, students become a member of the Actuarial Talent Pipeline and have the opportunity to develop customer-centric product solutions and provide analytical actuarial support.
You will contribute to the achievement of corporate profitability and growth through effective planning and development of actuarial information and data. Combine your power with ours and make your impact.
Mutual of Omaha offers actuarial opportunities in the following departments:
- Capital Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Group Insurance
- Group Valuation
- Health & Accident Valuation and Modeling
- Health & Accident Pricing and Product Performance
- Individual Life and Annuity Valuation and Modeling
- Life & Annuity Pricing and Product Performance
- Medicare Supplement Pricing and Product Performance
- Retirement Plans Division
- Special Risk Product Pricing and Performance
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Data Analytics
- Model Development
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyze product financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and make recommendations based on the analysis of the results
- Generate and verify data related to various exhibits and reports, applying actuarial and mathematical concepts, formulas and computer capabilities as necessary for completion of duties
- Provide updates concerning Company actuarial information for various internal and external clients
- Conduct special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the product or product groupings
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Assistant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements.The Sr. Actuarial Assistant and Actuarial Associate levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements.Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
You earned your bachelor’s or master’s degree, and successfully completed an internship or related experience, as well as:
- Successful completion of two exams offered by the Society of Actuaries, plus an ongoing commitment to attain a fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel
BONUS POINTS (relevant experience is a plus):
- Bachelor’s or master’s in actuarial science, economics, statistics and/or mathematics
- Actuarial software experience, such as MG-ALFA, ARCVAL or others
- Programming experience, such as VBA, SQL, SAS, R, C++, Java or others
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling techniques
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and requirements
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns
- Proven track record of taking accountability and ownership over work projects
- Leadership, communication, presentation and human relations skills
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem-solving abilities using business-oriented solutions
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A collaborative work environment where you and your team members will make a long-lasting impact on the organization
- A robust compensation and benefits package,including flexible scheduling and work-from-home opportunities
- We’re lifelong learners and we hope you are,too. We offer various on and offsite training courses and support your personal and professional development.
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now