BSA Alert/SAR Team - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496796
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Investigates, resolves and monitors fraudulent suspicious activities as well as irregular business practices within Mutual of Omaha Bank. Contributes to the protection of the bank's assets through partnering with corporate partners and other financial institutions. Assists with gathering, reviewing, and summarizing compliance-related data, information, and processes to ensure adherence with corporate standards and federal regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- With some supervision, performs analysis and conducts investigations on fraudulent and suspicious activities within the bank.
Partners with compliance management and may assist with complex investigations. Assists in preparing a comprehensive report of
analysis and investigation through compiling of investigative notes, documentation and resolution. Assist with the Customer
Identification Program, Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence compliance requirements.
- Utilizes the compliance monitoring systems (i.e. FCRM) to identify and investigate suspicious activities. Assists in the updating of
procedures and controls to detect and prevent the company from the following: illegal money laundering activities; possible improper or illegal activities and from doing business with Specially Designated Nationals or Blocked Entities as required by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Detects, prevents and refers suspicious activity to the appropriate bank or corporate compliance and/or investigative areas.
- When instructed to, may perform follow-up activities on suspicious or unusual activities to include, monitoring of and reporting on
activities to appropriate individuals within bank compliance, corporate business areas, federal and/or state authorities; recordkeeping and tracking of activities to provide accurate audit trails; and if necessary, freezing and/or blocking assets.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced team members and may provide guidance.
- Assist in the coordination of audit and regulatory examinations, including distribution of related documents/reports and/or activities to management. Monitors responses on issues identified, provides recommendations for resolution, and ensures timely remediation.
- Protects the bank from known or suspected internal or external transactions or activities with a primary focus on bank policies and
processes, federal, state and banking regulations and statues to include but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money
Laundering (AML), FDIC - Federal Deposit and Insurance Act, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Upon request, may partner with bank compliance, bank and corporate security, corporate investigations, bank management and
other financial institutions regarding investigative activities and/or findings. Refers cases as appropriate.
- Monitors and analyzes the suspicious activity reports, accounts and referrals, ensuring adherence to bank policies, processes,
federal and state regulations and statues. Prepares and files comprehensive suspicious activity reports (SARs) as appropriate.
- Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the BSA Investigator II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The BSA Investigator III, Sr level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 2-3 years financial services industry experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in a role with a focus on Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) OR fraud related
- Knowledge of compliance concepts, practices and techniques
- Knowledge and experience in investigations, investigative techniques, security or fraud prevention
- Ability to work efficiently in high pressure situations and demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and software applications including MS Office
- Strong keyboarding and data entry skills
- Knowledge and background in the interpretation of legislation
- Strong planning, organization, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Effective analytical ability and judgment
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in the industry
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification (or currently pursuing)
- Previous work experience at a medium/large Bank
- Advanced knowledge of banking laws, federal and state government laws/regulations such as BSA, AML, USA PATRIOT Act and
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now