Application Solution Architect (ETL) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496780
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
|The Application Solutions Architect leads and performs complex application design, development, and integration. The Application Solutions Architect makes use of a moderate depth of knowledge across business areas and applications to successfully deliver innovative solutions including major system implementations and enhancements, application system interfaces, functions, and features.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations using required tools and languages.
- Responsible for developing and utilizing improved techniques for designing, developing, testing, and debugging applications including assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area and providing consultative leadership to customers on desired application enhancements.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior staff as well as providing project-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Responsible for analyzing complex business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives for business application development and integration.
- Responsible for providing leadership to project teams through design, estimation, coordination & definition of tasks; will often include articulating and advocating for new technical and non-technical ideas.
- Responsible for maintaining short-range (6-12 month) view of technology, industry trends, business needs, and application requirements.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- 6 years system experience.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements. Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and handles technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and/or the Financial Services industry.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include speaking in front of a group.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Strong leadership skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now