Business Intelligence Developer/Senior Developer - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496773
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Information Technology, Analytics/Data Science
The Data Analytics team is looking for an inquisitive and driven individual to help us modernize data consumption throughout the enterprise! This individual will work on a collaborative team to support disparate stakeholder’s data needs by leveraging Mutual’s robust relational data environment. Effective candidates will have a wealth of SQL expertise and an inexhaustible data-curiosity! Every day duties might range from automating existing manual processes to writing novel SQL to answer pressing business questions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs analysis and design by translating business requirements and developing reporting solutions that yield relevant business information in a user-friendly format by collecting, analyzing and leveraging data. Ensures data accuracy. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides support to customers by investigating, reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources and understands the source structures and business relevance of the data within assigned business areas. Designs, develops, implements and maintains business solutions for small to medium projects.
- Performs development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support business operations, process improvement and reporting. Maintains knowledge of current tools, languages and approaches used to develop, test, maintain, and execute systems and applications. Ensures appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented to protect the Company data assets from accidental or intentional misuse.
- Defines and contributes to data and data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Identifies areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Supports I/S teams with testing and implementation of new business systems tools, codes, and patches, and assist business customers throughout the conversion. Acts as liaison between I/S teams and business areas by trouble-shooting and translating technical problems related to business applications.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Develops and maintains knowledge of application development technologies, methodologies, standards, and enterprise data sources and structures.
- Provides training and education to customers within the assigned business areas on Business Intelligence tools and processes. Helps business partners in understanding the reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Monitors recurring processes and ensures output accuracy and timely distribution. Responsible for maintenance, documentation, and enhancements of recurring processes and procedures. Supports business partners in understanding the reports and reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Supports the completion of data submission for industry surveys, annual statements, and regulatory filings based on the requirements. Follows up on inconsistencies or issues, provides recommendations for resolution, and ensures timely adherence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical environment (technologies, applications, projects and processes) in the functional business areas.
- Considerable knowledge of relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis.
- Strong consultative, analytical, conflict and strategic planning skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to research solutions and analyze data independently to provide recommendations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now