Data Lake Application Systems Analyst or Architect- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496749
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The Enterprise Data Lake Platform & Services team is currently seeking an Application Systems Analyst/Technical Solution Architect (Data Engineer), responsible for designing, developing and implementing enterprise data and analytical solutions, supporting the implementation of Mutual of Omaha’s Big Data platform. This team is responsible for the engineering, implementation and enablement of Big Data technologies. Team responsibilities include platform engineering, enterprise data engineering (patterns) and project data engineering services.
This individual will be responsible for delivering both enterprise and project level solutions, with opportunities to contribute on platform engineering and administration. Primary areas of focus include Data Lake pattern design and development, data ingestion, pipeline (data & ML) operationalization, technology/capability enablement, platform/process optimization and tuning, and tool/technology selection and integration (solution stack).
This individual will work closely with a variety of teams (data lake, data science, analytics, data prep & tools) to design, develop and deliver data and analytical solutions. Collaboration, partnership and enablement will be key accountabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of data, applications and systems that support business analytics.
- Enterprise patterns
- Data pipelines
- ML pipelines
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute data/analytical systems.
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging data/analytical applications and assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate governance, security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Partner and collaborate with data system owners, data science and analytics developers to deliver data/analytical solutions.
- Leverage Big Data platform capabilities to enable analytics/ML model delivery.
- Support team platform responsibilities as assigned.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 4 years systems experience.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in related system and/or business-related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience in structured, unstructured, semi-structured data techniques and processes.
- Experience with Object-oriented/object function programming/scripting using languages such as [R, Python, Java, C++, Scala, others].
- Software engineering acumen.
- Experience with database programming languages including [SQL, PL/SQL, others] for relational databases
- Experience developing and optimizing data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional and/or emerging data integration technologies.
- Proficient developing in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Experience in Big Data Ecosystem and hands-on knowledge of Spark and Hadoop.
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS Ecosystem (S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with Dev/Ops & continuous integration.
- Experience with distributed systems & parallel data processing.
- Experience or knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing.
- Experience with Cloud platforms.
- Experience with NoSQL platforms.
- Experience with search technologies: ELK or Solr.
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, MQ).
- Experience with analytical systems development (collaboration with data science resources).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now