Application Solution Architect (Java) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496740
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The Application Solutions Architect leads and performs complex application design, development, and integration. The Application Solutions Architect makes use of a moderate depth of knowledge across business areas and applications to successfully deliver innovative solutions including major system implementations and enhancements, application system interfaces, functions, and features.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations using required tools and languages.
- Responsible for developing and utilizing improved techniques for designing, developing, testing, and debugging applications including assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area and providing consultative leadership to customers on desired application enhancements.
- Responsible for analyzing complex business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives for business application development and integration.
- Responsible for mentoring other developers and analysts on new technologies, development practices and professional development
- Responsible for providing leadership to project teams through design, estimation, coordination & definition of tasks; will often include articulating and advocating for new technical and non-technical ideas.
- Responsible for assisting customer and team in identifying ways improve technical and business process
- Responsible for maintaining short-range (6-12 month) view of technology, industry trends, business needs, and application requirements.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- 6 years systems experience.
- 4-7 years experience in full stack development creating straightforward, clean, easy to maintain code; able to work in an agile and highly collaborative work environment while influencing those around them in a way that allows the team and others to learn and improve.
- Experience developing web apps with React, Vue and/or Angular
- Experience developing/enhancing RESTful web services
- Experience developing with DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience using persistence frameworks like JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Intellij IDEA and Git
- Experience mentoring and coaching peers and team members
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Webpack and Gradle
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity.
- Effectively delegate work
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include speaking in front of a group.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- 4 years’ experience developing in modern UI frameworks (Angular/Vue/React)
- Desire to take on & learn new technologies & applications
- Self-starter – take ownership of applications & related technologies
- Experience with the SAFe methodology
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now