ETL Developer (Informatica) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496738
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
Mutual of Omaha’s ETL developers design, model and integrate data with our next-generation insurance and financial applications. As an Application Systems Analyst you will improve how millions of people utilize our products, the way business partners support our customers and leverage data, and explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain and integrate applications and systems that support the business operations.
- Gain knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Understand and leverage approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Understand the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Act as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Sitting over 66% of the time.
- Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Analyst and Architect levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 3+ years systems experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in database design, data modeling, data integration
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL (Informatica preferred)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasker who is adapt to changes in assignments.
- Quickly learns new technology how they meet business requirements.
- Has developed relational databases (Teredata, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Uses multiple scripting languages for both Unix/Windows systems
- Experienced with job scheduling tools
- Cloud-based data warehousing (e.g.,PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Experience with Data Streams (Confluent, Kafka, Stitch, Striim, etc.)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial services. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now