Java Developer / Senior Developer - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496735
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
Are you an energetic and engaged IT professional? Mutual is seeking a developer to enhance and maintain our systems in the Investments and Corporate Support environment. If selected, you will work with state-of-the-art technologies and systems.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Develop, maintain and integrate applications and systems that support the business operations.
- Foster knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Understand and leverage different approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Understand the business, objectives and current challenges within the supported area.
- Act as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Ensure appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
NEED TO ADD FAMILY VERBIAGE
WHO YOU ARE:
- Java developer with at least two years of experience with Web Services
- Not afraid of Relational Databases
- Intuitively gets complex Application Servers
- Strong communicator with problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasker who adapts quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (API Gateway, Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Graduate with a Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Java Frameworks
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now