Mutual of Omaha’s software engineers develop our next-generation insurance and financial applications. As an Application Developer or Application Systems Analyst you will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, and explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Systems Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Develop, maintain, and integrate application and systems that support the business operations.
- Understand and leverage approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications, and assisting with issues, in addition to having knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain, and execute systems.
- Understand the business, business objectives, and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Act as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior team members, providing task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continues process improvements.
- Support production issues and outages outside of standard business hours to best support our business partners and customers.
- Extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- Sitting over 66% of the time.
- Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Software developer with 4+ years of experience using Java, Spring Framework, and SQL, with a strong emphasis on web services concepts and protocols such as RESTful Java web services
- Managed large, complex, customer-facing web applications with multiple in-house and third-party dependencies.
- Experienced with the entire software development life cycle, including requirements definition, design, development, quality assurance, release, and maintain.
- Enjoys working on a team consistently deploying while managing multiple activities, projects, and initiatives occurring simultaneously; able to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements; able to handle technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with the ability to articulate and advocate technical vision, new ideas, and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Enjoys collaborating to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships, using win-win approaches to resolve conflict; able to provide leadership and authority through positive example, delegation, empowerment, coaching, mentoring, and cross-training.
- Accountable and takes initiative with work activities; making sound architectural and strategic decisions; learning and applying new skills; astuteness in identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Software development technologies such as Vue JS, Node JS, Gradle, Docker, MuleSoft, DB2
- API client software to develop, test, share, document APIs such as Swagger and Postman
- Amazon Web Services technologies such as CloudFormation, ECS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Amazon Connect, Amazon Lex, CloudWatch
- Testing frameworks such as Spock, Jest, Selenium, Geb
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial services. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.