Application Systems Analyst (Cobol) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496696
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The I/S Claims Team has a great opportunity available! To keep up with our goal of claims modernization and adoption of new technology, we are searching for a talented, highly motivated individual to fill a key role on the I/S Claims Adjudicators Team, as an Application Systems Analyst. This highly-skilled individual will bring their expertise to help ensure Mutual of Omaha’s individual health and life claims systems are taken from ideas and strategy to innovative action.
The Application Systems Analyst performs moderately complex application design, development, and integration. The Application Systems Analyst makes use of a moderate depth of knowledge across business areas and applications to successfully deliver innovative solutions including major system implementations and enhancements, application system interfaces, functions, and features.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development and modernization of claims capabilities in a native cloud-based architecture
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Able to work in an agile and highly collaborative work environment while influencing those around them in a way that allows the team to learn, improve and flourish.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- The availability to support production issues and outages may be needed outside of standard business hours to best support our business partners and customers.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 4 years of systems experience
- Strong communication skills and will be proactive and comfortable in working with Application/Technical Architects, Business Analysts, Infrastructure, and production support teams.
- Development experience with XML and SQL
- Experience developing/enhancing RESTful web services
- Test Driven Development experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Development experience using COBOL/JCL to support mainframe applications preferred.
- Experience with MicroFocus Cobol preferred.
- Experience with microservice and cloud architecture.
- Experience in code and artifact version control and continuous integration
- Demonstrated ability to create both physical and logical data model.
- Experience developing systems with Agile methodology
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now