Senior Private Placements Investments Internship - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496691
Work type: Part Time Temporary
Categories: Internships, Investment Management
In the world of business, knowledge is power. That’s why you’re working so hard in school to learn the fundamentals. But now it’s time to reach beyond the classroom.
It’s critical you learn to think strategically, expand your perspective and learn how to apply your fundamental knowledge in the real world.
And let’s not forget your people skills. Learning to collaborate, negotiate and build trusting relationships is essential to building a successful career.
So, if you have the power to learn and grow beyond the classroom, bring your power to Mutual of Omaha. We are currently seeking motivated business students for an exciting internship within our Investment Management Division. Combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This internship opportunity is scheduled to begin April 2020 and runs for 13-14 months.
- Interns for this position are required to work 20 hours per week during the school year and full time (40 hours/week) during the summer months.
- Interviews for this internship will begin in October 2019.
- Hourly wage is $20.00 per hour.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires visual acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prepare financial spreadsheets by extracting relevant information from companies' financial statements.
- Communicate directly with a variety of investment professionals and be an integral part of the investment decision process.
- Participate selectively on conference calls with companies' management teams.
- Gain exposure to a variety of domestic, foreign, public, and private companies in diverse industries and varying worldwide accounting standards (primarily US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards).
- Option of attending meetings of the CFA Society of Nebraska where presentations are given by public companies, industry analysts, economists and investment strategists.
- Completion of, currently taking, or registered to take the following courses:
- Principles of Accounting
- Corporate Finance and Security Analysis
- Principles of Economics (Micro and Macro)
- Money and Banking
- Experience with Microsoft Word and proficient with Microsoft Excel and formula building.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 or better.
- Complete and attach a letter of interest when submitting your application.
BONUS POINTS (Preferred Qualifications):
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting 1 and Financial Statement Analysis is preferred.
- Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics or majors related to investments preferred.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now