Comm Real Estate Portfolio Mgr-Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Job no: 496690
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Analytics/Data Science
|The Portfolio Manager II (PM-II) supports Mutual of Omaha Bank's strong relationship banking culture, which emphasizes the leveraging of teamwork to deliver exceptional customer service to client companies, their owners and their employees. As a bank officer, the PM-II is assigned a portfolio of client relationships that he or she co-manages in tandem with and under the guidance of Senior Relationship Managers (Senior RM) and Market/Group Presidents. The PM-II is responsible for the day-to-day duties and responsibilities associated with managing client's accounts. The PM II may direct the work of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Proactively monitors and manages the needs of client companies.
- Works with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided to meet the needs of client companies in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Senior RMs to support the profitable growth of the clients' accounts.
- Takes a proactive approach and works independently.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
Asset Quality Management:
- Monitors and tracks the financial conditions of client borrowers, and prepares and presents status reports to senior management on a regular basis. This includes the regular reassessment of risk ratings, and the documentation of changes in credit risk ratings when appropriate.
- Collects and reviews financial statements, monitors covenant compliance, and meets with clients to discuss trends, projections and any issues or opportunities that may arise.
- Coordinates the gathering of new collateral appraisals, field audits, or other forms of third-party post-transaction due diligence.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure compliance with commercial banking policies and practices and regulatory statutes at the relationship level.
- Proactively updates the Senior RM and presents Credit officers with updates to his/her portfolio.
Manage Portfolio Growth:
- Reviews and monitors the credit quality of new commercial loan opportunities.
- Works with Credit Analysts to ensure proper underwriting, and may perform underwriting functions as needed.
- Presents new loan requests, and modification requests to credit officers and credit committees.
- Works with Loan Officers, Lending Assistants, and Credit Analysts to coordinate the due diligence process including the ordering of collateral appraisals, third-party field audits and site visits.
Loan Structuring and Documentation:
- Responsible for the sound structuring of new loans, loan modifications, and other agreements.
- Negotiates with clients, private equity companies, participant banks and other parties pertaining to loan terms, pricing, and conditions.
- Assists in the review of legal agreements and works with outside council and other internal business partners to ensure legal documents are prepared correctly.
- Proactively identifies and pursues opportunities to grow relationships including relationship loan and deposit growth opportunities, and opportunities with other bank groups including Treasury Management, Private Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Seeks and acts on referrals from client companies and makes referrals to other business groups like Private Banking, Wealth Management, Treasury Management, and Retail.
Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
This job posting is reflective of the Commercial Portfolio Manager I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Portfolio II and SR level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics, or other related field
- MBA Preferred
- Five plus years of progressive work experience in Commercial Banking or comparable experience in Investment Banking
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis and commercial credit underwriting; Formal credit training is preferred
- Knowledge of compliance with federal regulations pertaining to commercial banking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience with spreading financial statements and preparation of written analysis reports
- Excellent personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now