Information Technology Intern- Omaha, NE
Job no: 496680
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Internships
You’ve always had a talent for tech, but over the years, your knowledge and skills have evolved and become more sophisticated. Today, technology is your passion. You love resolving computer issues and providing clarity. Yours is the power to help make sense of an increasingly complex world.
Now, put your power to work at Mutual of Omaha.
As an information technology intern, we’ll take your skills to a whole new level. Combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You’ll have the flexibility to work in the summer, year-round, or as part of our rotational internship program.
- Work in application development, data, security, business analyst or other areas.
- Work as part of a production team with experienced I/T professionals.
- Interact with I/T business partners and hiring managers.
- Participate as an active team member working on various I/T projects within your assigned team.
- Provide input and express creative solutions to I/T problems.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Applied experience with multiple computer programming languages.
- Currently attending an accredited college or university or graduated within the last year.
- Currently enrolled in a computer-related degree program and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate on a technical level.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
- This position requires: extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding, sitting over 66% of the time and visual acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or greater.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Real-world experience with a Fortune 500 company.
- Opportunity for paid summer housing.
- Competitive pay, paid holidays and tuition reimbursement (for year-round interns).
- Opportunity to work as a front-end developer, back-end developer or full-stack developer using Java, Java Script and other object-oriented programming languages.
- Opportunity to work in a security, data or business analyst role to gain exposure to our production environment.
- Networking with other I/T professionals across the company.
- Attending social events throughout the summer.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now