Solution Architect (Cloud Development) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496630
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
As a Solution Architect on our Cloud Application team, you’ll always had an eye toward transform the future. In a rare opportunity most developers never encounter, you’ll contribute to a far-reaching initiative focused on evolving the workplace of your coworkers and the experience of our customers, making work more seamless and lives easier.
Be part of a team that will migrate Mutual of Omaha’s entire workload from a heritage, on-premise J2EE environment to the public cloud. This will involve, not a “lift and shift” or “cloud ready” exercise, but a full-blown ground-up design. You’ll help implement a 12-factor, domain-driven design. Developing microservices and event-driven architecture to create a transformative user experience.
This is an opportunity for big-picture thinking. For changing mindsets. For realizing possibilities. And for using your skills and engineering excellence to make a meaningful difference. Combine your power with ours, and let the transformation begin.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain and integrate applications and systems that support business operations.
- Continuously improve the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Leverage approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assist with issues.
- Understand the business, business objectives and current business challenges within your supported business area.
- Act as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior staff. Provide task-level leadership, guidance and direction.
- Comply with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Make sure appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
- You’ll become a part of a unified I/S team, bonded by a common vision, acting with integrity, making decisions with our customers in mind, embracing change, taking ownership for results and trusting and supporting each other.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Posses advanced experience architecting and coding in Java, and a scripting language like Python
- Understand application lifecycle management
- Have used a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Been around Scrum/Agile methodology and know about SAFe
- Know and can mentor on Test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Stay current with the latest trends, the evolving platform and how new AWS services can enrich our product
- Familiar with GIT and managing branching strategies.
- Communicates technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers)
- Actively sees out & learns new technologies
- Writes code with security best practices in mind
- Self-starter – take ownership of applications & related technologies
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401K, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
- Don’t live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of medicare supplement insurance, life insurance, and financial services with more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups.
Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now