Associate Business Systems Consultant - Omaha, Ne
Job no: 496594
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Project Management/Business Analyst
Finance Operations is seeking an Associate Business Systems Consultant in support of the Finance/Actuary/Investment Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Release Train. This role will support Finance & Actuarial (F&A) initiatives while supporting Strategic Business Unit needs from F&A (i.e. standing up of new products in support of our Customer Focus, or driving towards Target Architecture), in addition to supporting operational enhancements and warranty/production support.
Given the broad responsibilities of this position the ideal candidate will possess two or more of the following skills: accounting background, financial systems/reporting experience, has experience with end to end business process knowledge including related business systems understanding, can apply business analyst knowledge/experience from a history of supporting successful projects.
The role will cover multiple applications and operating platforms like PeopleSoft, Hyperion/Essbase, Cloud applications, Data Warehouses and SAP Business Objects. Other core job functions include leading design reviews with the business (e.g. as is, to be, process flows, functional requirements, report rationalization), developing and linking test cases to requirements, executing unit/integration testing, training development and delivery, change management, and collaboration with Information Services on resolution of testing defects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the identification, development, and evaluation of alternative and new opportunities to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex nature that require abstract and creative solutions. Assists in the coordination and planning of ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research.
- May employ project management tools. Reviews, analyzes, and tests new software applications and equipment. Assists in the development and execution of test plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Assists in the completion of complex and delicate projects.
- Prepares project outcome information to be delivered to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Knowledge in business system operations, equipment evaluations, system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards.
- Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes. Experience with project management processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Self-sufficiency in utilizing quantitative, statistical, data analysis, and interpretative skills. Proven initiative and leadership skills to support change/continuous improvement. Self-sufficiency in utilizing process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Experience with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Web navigation and software.
- Accounting background preferred.
- Experience working with financial systems/reporting preferred.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now