Technical Solution Architect (Data Integration) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 496480
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
The IS Enterprise Data Warehouse Platform and Services team is currently seeking a Technical Architect to serve as an administrator, and champion for helping our technical partners make data available to our business teams.
The team is responsible for maintaining high levels of technology currency with tools we support, while also enabling talent development of associates who use these technologies through the enterprise. The tools and processes enabled by the EDW team include Erwin (Database Design), Teradata (MPP reporting/analytics database), Informatica (Data Management), Attunity Replicate/Compose (Data Management), and ASG Data Insights (Data Lineage).
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with teams though the company to understand business and technical needs, define, consult and mentor on best practices as well as the proper usage of the tools throughout the enterprise.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform administration, integration and support of enterprise level, business facing reporting and analysis technologies.
- Assist users in navigating our request processes and license management, and troubleshooting any issues associated with our reporting/analysis tools.
- Assist users of our tools by providing best practices, mentoring, and training for knowledge sharing and improvements.
- Foster strong relationships with IS teams that support our servers, desktops/laptops, and databases as extensions of our core team in service to our tool users.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 3-5 years of experience using or providing support for third party vendor data reporting/analysis technologies.
- Expert troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Detail oriented, capable of working independently and within a team.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of data extraction and data manipulation.
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Ideal candidates have experience with as many of these technologies as possible:
- Experience supporting database design, and metadata management tools and processes.
- Experience supporting, using and mentoring others in management of database management technologies. (Informatica, Attunity Replicate as examples)
- Experience configuring and using software in Windows, Linux. (Mainframe experience would also be beneficial)
- Third party vendor software administration and support experience.
- Experience mentoring individuals and teams in best practices for database design and data management.
If this description describes you and you have experience in several of the skills listed above, then take the next step by applying for the position. We would like to talk to us about joining our team and look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now