Bank Loan Portfolio Manager - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 496467
Work type: Full Time Regular
Under the guidance of the CAB Lending Manager jointly co-manages an assigned portfolio of client relationships. The primary responsibility is to perform all related day-to-day tasks associated with managing the Loan Portfolios and provide outstanding customer service experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the asset risk and maintain asset quality within CAB loan portfolio.
- Works closely with the CAB Lending Manager to support the profitable growth of the CAB loan portfolio.
- ASSET QUALITY MANAGEMENT:
- Monitors and tracks the financial conditions of borrowers and prepares and presents status reports to senior management. This includes the regular reassessment of risk ratings, and changes in credit risk ratings when appropriate.
- Completes all semi-annual reviews.
- Reviews financial statements, monitors covenant compliance, and meets with clients to discuss trends, projections and any issues or opportunities .
- Reviews A/R aging reports to calculate and confirm delinquency covenant compliance.
- Coordinates the completion of annual reviews, property site inspections and any other form of third-party post-transaction due diligence.
- Manages delinquent loan payments
- Ensures the clearance of all coming-due ticklers in advance of their due dates
- Completes and reports on monthly SAG analysis for all watch list/adversely graded credits.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure compliance with CAB Lending policies and practices and regulatory statutes
- Monitors/updates monthly DQ and Construction Funding Reports.
- MANAGE PORTFOLIO GROWTH:
- Reviews and monitors the credit quality of both existing and new CAB loan opportunities. Works with credit analysts to ensure proper underwriting and may perform underwriting functions on occasion
- Reviews and approves CAB loan draw requests and assigns new loans to CAB Loan Assistants.
- May present new loan requests, and modification requests internally
- Works with various bank personnel to coordinate the due diligence process including the review of reserve study reports, third party prepared financial statements, vendor contracts and special assessment reconciliation reports
- LOAN STRUCTURING AND DOCUMENTATION:
- Responsible for new and existing CAB loans, loan modifications, and other agreements.
- Holds "pre-construction" conference calls for loans over a pre-determined amount with new borrowers and their PMC's before each loan closing to review the anticipated funding process.
- Assists in the reviewing of legal agreements and will work with outside council and other internal business partners to ensure that legal documents are prepared correctly
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 20% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics, or other related field
- Three years work experience in Commercial Banking or comparable experience in Investment Banking
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis and commercial credit underwriting. Formal credit training is preferred
- Knowledge of compliance with federal regulations pertaining to both commercial real estate and community association lending
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to existing and prospective customers and company principals, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now